Last year we experimented with adding presentations from publishers and game designers to the WarmUp Day. We think this was a tremendous success and people loved to hear about new upcomming games or a look behind-the-scene of game design and publishing.
Speakers get a free ticket to the WarmUp Day! Please note that does not include accompaniment. Please let us know if you bring additional people.
Here are some ideas for presentations or talks (just examples!)
- Designer thougts and comments about a game
- Setup of a sucessful Kickstarter Campaign (or why do you think it failed)
- Your experiences as a exhibitor on the fair
- Tipps and tricks for newbies coming to Essen
- Production and logistis of games
- Step by step process from the idea to having a game at the shelf
- Converting boardgames for apps
- Production of prototypes.
- Where do you find playtesters? What do they need to do?
- Guidance for accepting game proposals as a publisher. What kind of stuff do you want to receive?
Thomas vande Ginste, Game Designer, Dragonsgate College
Anne-Marte Andersen, James David Tandy, Tabletop Generation
Christopher Harris, Editorial Director, Play Play Learn
Dr. Kai Herbertz, Game Designer, Albedo
Jakob Jaskov, Game Designer, Fog of Love
Ignacy Trzewiczek, Game Designer, Portal Games