The WarmUp Day is your first stop of your Essen experience. Before the show starts you can meet publishers and fellow game authors as well as professional audience, interested gamers and gaming clubs at this scene get-together. Of course you can and should bring your prototypes for testing and having feedback.
This year we also host a BoardGameCamp at the WarmUp Day. This is a is a dedicated BarCamp (Unconference) for Boardgaming. It's about game design, publishing or simply collecting and playing board games. You can join in by proposing a topic to the audience and create a session. Here are some ideas what you can propose for example:
- Present your finished prototype and receive final feedback. If you are lucky a publisher is part of your session.
- Your prototype is not ready yet or you are stuck somewhere? Let other people have a look on it and discuss.
- Discuss game mechanics or how to build prototypes.
- Try to discuss new ideas or a create a completely new prototype in the group.
- Share experiences (for example how to sell your game to publishers) with other game designers or rookies in the business.
- Tell your success story and give insights how you design games.
I WANT BE PART OF THE BOARDGAMECAMP!
Just so you know – you can’t sell or buy anything at the WarmUp Day. You have to do that at the games fair.